[ PART TWO ]
What if you could plan the trip of a lifetime and instead of the usual 10 day trip to the likes of Bali, Europe or Dubai, you planned a flight itinerary to many locations, for about the same amount of money?
As you moved beyond the half century mark, did you suddenly find yourself with an empty nest which brought about a period of introspective re-evaluation? We think you may have ‘empty nest syndrome’. The two most common symptoms are a sudden overabundance of free time and feeling like you have a hole to fill.
A remedy? Travel. It will help you get over the bitter sweetness of saying goodbye to the last birdie to leave the nest. Trust us, we speak from experience. Our third and last child went off to college abroad and so my husband and I decided to do the same and we don’t regret it one bit.
What if you could plan the trip of a lifetime and instead of the usual 10 day trip to the likes of Bali, Europe or Dubai, you planned a flight itinerary to many locations, for about the same amount of money? We know what you must be thinking; “it must be too expensive” or “this only works for long 3-6 month long vacations”. That’s where you’re wrong.
Whether you want to go on a fast-paced trip where you spend a few days in each location or on a slower trip, where you spend a week or more in each location, there’s options for everyone.
Cost really depends on the number of flights and where you are going. You will be able to find multi-stop tickets for as low as $1,200!
Now comes the rest of the planning.
Here’s how to do it in 10 steps:
- Research the different airline groups and companies offering RTW tickets. We recommend using Airtreks.
- Determine who you are traveling with or are you going solo?
- Determine your budget for airline tickets and daily expenses.
- Determine how long you can or want to travel.
- Choose your route and destinations you want to visit and buy your around the world ticket.
- Apply for visas, book accommodations and get any Immunizations/ travel vaccines you need.
- Research each destination to have an idea of what you want to do but don’t over plan. You want to leave time for unexpected discoveries, trust us.
- Buy travel insurance for your RTW trip.
- Pack for your trip but keep it light!
- And, bon voyage! You’re ready to take on your empty-nester-around-the-world trip.